Sunday, 16 April 2017








Howdy Hoo!

Never park your car - or walk - under a lamp post with a seagull perched on it. Without going into graphic detail, I've just spent the best part of a day cleaning a fortnight's worth of seagull poo off my lovely Mini Cooper. (First time I've really cleaned the first car I've ever owned. My precious Mini, which I lurrrve to drive! I've never owned my own car. Part owned, yes, with His Greatness (Husband), but never my own. And this is indeed something I relish since my brain cure).

Anyway, I digress. Seagulls and seaside. Returned on Friday from our first two week holiday in donkeys years. The west country. Minehead in Zoomerrzet (sorry – Somerset) and Looe Harbour in Cornwall, to be precise. We've had many hols in Looe, and love it. And the weather was continuously glorious. Love the west country. Naturally I took umpteen zillion photos:









The whole place grabbed my imagination.







Up the stairs...


Our landing...


(Eh, well. Trying to get to grips with Blogger. If it looks bonkers - it is! But it gives me the flexibility to add more photos and for my lovely fan 😄 to respond.) Anyway...Onwards!


The sitting room.





View from our balcony of the bay and, in the distance, the white tent-like building, is Butlins!



The bedroom. Not all original features, we think, but some of it may have been. The rooms had been reconfigured, we could tell.

  






Add caption
This was the opposite end of Minehead, away from the town itself. A lovely, quaint harbour. Our house is in there, somewhere!




A vast expanse of sand when the tide's out.


It would appear that I've run out of capability to upload any more photos! Eh, well, live and learn. To be continued...😊




No comments:

Post a Comment