Wednesday, 26 July 2017

WRAP

I want to talk about WRAP - the Wellness Recovery Action Plan. I can't honestly remember where I read about it, but it was referred to several times with my mental health team. I could have worked on it throughout my recovery, but as I do involve myself with some of my favourite activities anyway, you could say I follow it without actually referring to it.
It's simply a means of writing, journaling, scrapbooking, collaging, anyway you like-ing the things that make you feel better when you're down. A bubble bath, chocolate, walking, yoga, crafting, exercise, watching cartoons, friends, music... the list goes on. It even suggests reference to the people - family or friends or professionals - who will care for you when you're feeling bad, or even suicidal. An emergency referral. Someone you can count on when feeling really depressed, or mentally bad. Plus the medications you might have to take. Everything that you need to keep going through the bad patches. Anyway, read it for yourself and see what you think.
info-btn2

No comments:

Post a Comment